Viewpoint, Human Resources, Inventory Management, Construction
13 Sep 2021
Field Time is Retiring... What Are Your Options?
Ready or not, if you’re in the construction industry and you work with Field Time by Viewpoint for your time tracking systems, chances are you will be needing to find a new solution for your business needs. Yes, you heard right- Field Time is retiring late 2022. It’s time to start thinking about what’s next for your business. We’ve put together some helpful tips for finding what’s right for you and your team. Let’s get started!
- Think about your current software- what’s working? What’s not working? We suggest you start by writing down what parts your team enjoys. These will be the ‘essentials’ for choosing new software. After you’ve created your pro’s list, let’s focus on what could be better. Does the software glitch when too many people are using it at once? Is it a pain to integrate the new update when they come out? What about cost- it’s expensive to hire someone to come in and implement that new update (we're talking about $250 an hour, to be exact).
- What could make your software better? Off-the-shelf software comes in one size fits all. Chances are, there’s plenty of features you don’t use that you are paying for right now. What about integration between different programs? Would life be easier if you didn’t have to have an associate manually transfer data from different systems each day?
- Cost. Software is expensive, but it is necessary in today’s work climate. Software as a Service (SaaS) is only increasing and when many are pay-per-user, and your entire company needs to track their time, you may want to search for an alternative option.
- Add-ons & Integrations. Let’s talk about what Field Time and Viewpoint didn’t have that you could have to make daily operations run smoothly. While you’re thinking about all of the things you need for time tracking, here are some other add-ons that your company may want to consider for other day-to-day operations.
- Barcoding: smart barcode scanning solutions that can integrate with Viewpoint and Inventory Management Systems to eliminate manual entry across various platforms could make your life a whole lot easier. Get up-to-date, accurate inventory counts and data reports in seconds.
- Inventory Management: manage orders, order receipts, equipment servicing, regular inventory count processes and more, all in one convenient location. Track inventory counts, product location, job assignments and more. By enabling barcode scanning and integrating with Viewpoint, nearly all manual entry is eliminated, and inventory information is consistently accurate.
- Time tracking: Integrate with Viewpoint and eliminate monthly licensing fees. No more limitations, workarounds or missing features. Track hours at each job site, request time off, manage approvals and more- all within the web and mobile application.
- Work and purchase orders: Quickly create purchase orders and use smart scanning from the mobile application to scan company barcodes, distributor codes or manufacturer’s UPC codes. Order parts from the job site in a matter of minutes. All data is synced automatically and allows multiple users without additional licenses for Viewpoint.
- HR Self Service: Employees can access pay stubs, request time off, and update personal information. HR can view employee requests, upload employee documents and access the document library, personnel information and more.
- Reporting: A centralized data warehouse that is optimized for reporting and business intelligence processes. Dashboards refresh in real time, share information across various programs and create crucial reports in less time.
We know that this can be an overwhelming task to think about. We’ve compiled this beginning information for you to work through, and want to be your next resource as you dig deeper into your new software. Nobious offers modern, affordable solutions to Viewpoint that are customized to you and your business needs. We’ve been doing this for other businesses for years, so our expertise on add-ons and integrations will help make this process as seamless as possible for you. Another perk of customized software is that you get to have a say in what it looks like, how it works, and make it user friendly for your business. There’s no updates, no licensing fees, and no subscriptions that add up quickly. We are here to be a resource of knowledge as you explore your options in technology- no matter the industry!